This year I prepared my very first Thanksgiving dinner & it was… AMAZING!
Peep the made from scratch goodness, LOL!
YASSSS BOO… I made an entire meal AND dessert from scratch! Keep reading to find out how to make your own spiced apple cupcakes w/ salted caramel buttercream frosting…
Click the link below to see the twerkin’ turkey…
She’s not talking about anyone in my household. We’re having ham & chicken this year, LOL!
I pray that you have wonderful holiday, complete with safe travels, delicious food, family fun, a little bit of football & tons of gratitude!
Love Sham 😉
It has been said that gratitude is the key to happiness. Have you ever noticed that people seem extra cheerful during the fourth week of November? Why is that? I think it’s because we take time out during this week to give thanks for what we have instead of complaining about what we don’t have, or worrying about what we want. We should strive to maintain this perspective throughout the year, but since we often forget, the Thanksgiving holiday is a friendly reminder. 😉
Having said that, I am thankful for…
- My health & the faculties of my body & mind
- The sacrifices of others, from Jesus Christ all the way to Civil Rights activists & even my grandparents. The “easy streets” we walk on today were paved by the labor & tears of our predecessors. For that I am grateful.
- My mama. The woman is phenomenal… PERIOD! She always gave us her first (& sometimes her last), answers her phone at all times of the day & night & is there in whatever capacity we need her to be (grown-up or not)!
- My oldest friend & brother, Charles. He is my rock; strong & steadfast despite whatever’s happening in the world around him. I am so proud of the man that he has become & so grateful that God chose me to be his big sister.
- My biological family, church family & the friends who are like family to me. I sincerely appreciate their love & support!
- A job that enables me to help others, as well as keep a roof over my head, food in my belly, makeup on my face & products in my hair, LOL!
- S.I.A.G. – Believe it or not, this blog has been extremely therapeutic to me & I’ve met a lot of cool people in the process.
- ALL of YOU! Thank you guys for reading, subscribing, watching my videos & listening to me ramble… you’re the BEST!!!
YOUR TURN! What are you thankful for?