Weekend shenanigans…

11 Jan

Hey Glams! I hope you had a stupendous weekend! I shan’t lie, mine was pretty darn fantastic. Here’s why. I met & had lunch with my brother at this restaurant called Brio Tuscan Grille. The staff was super friendly & attentive, the food was scrumptious & the ambiance was spectacular. I’m talking wedding reception fancy. If you’ve never been to Brio, I can assure you that it’s quite the dining experience & it should go on your list of things to try.

And because no trip to the city is complete without a little shopping, I stopped by TJMaxx & copped some what? BODY BUTTER!!! Apparently I’m the only human being in North America who hasn’t tried it yet, LOL! Thanks MeMe, Danielle & M for your suggestions. I’ve been using it all week & I must say that I’m impressed. It keeps me ash-free all day & smells heavenly. Stay tuned for a formal product review.

Then I went to Tennessee to see that special someone…Smooshing her Hello Kitty cupcake, before “feeding” it to the floorBirthday wasted…

Yet another reason she’s THE BEST niece on the planet? Riley saved her allowance to buy auntie some new eyeshadow.What’d you do this weekend? Any beauty acquisitions?

13 Responses to “Weekend shenanigans…”

1. MeMe January 11, 2012 at 6:40 pm #

Im addicted to Body Butter! Lol,so glad you like it.. and Riley?? what a cuuuuuutie!!!! Also,where do you find Wet n Wild palettes????

• Sham January 11, 2012 at 6:47 pm #

Wet N Wild cosmetics are available @ RiteAid, Walgreens, CVS & some grocery stores.

• MeMe January 11, 2012 at 7:27 pm #

Thank u!

2. Sondra Neely January 11, 2012 at 7:56 pm #

That Riley is a cutie! Now as far as the body butter, I have never tried it. Imma have to hit up my local TJ Maxx to see if I can find it. I guess it’s one of those best kept secrets. Now I actually have 2 of the Wet N Wild Pallets but didn’t have any luck using it. I have the 334 and 335. Maybe you can do a tutorial on how to use them. This weekend was trying out new things with my natural hair. I actually tried my hands at flexirod set, too cute but the weather took me down. So I tried my hands at a new protective winter style, 2 french braids with a bun on the back. I rock’d! I got so many compliments at work. I also dibble in wearing new eyeshadow colors, GREEN, BROWN AND GOLD! Which green is my favorite color? It was simply beautiful. Sham, next time you go to Walgreens check out their eyeshadows pallets by Profusion, they have 5 and 12 color pallets. I got mine for .49 cents and .99 on clearance, the after christmas sale. They have great colors! Keep it coming Sham!

• Sham January 17, 2012 at 6:40 pm #

I will put those Wet N Wild tutorials on my list of things to do!
      Did you french braid it yourself? I can braid other ppl’s hair, but not my own. LOL! It looks a HAM when I do it myself.

• Sondra Neely January 17, 2012 at 10:45 pm #

Actually I did french braid my hair all by my self and it turned out great. It is one of the best ways for me to wear it now in the winter. I braid it in 3 french braids every nite and I apply African Pride Blends Olive Oil & Rosemary Conditioner all over my hair. When I wake up I un braid my hair, pick it out with my fingers, grab a headband and off to work I go. It has so much body and it looks really healthy. Maybe I will get bold and post a picture of my new found winter style. LOL!

3. M January 11, 2012 at 9:57 pm #

So glad you have a fab weekend! šŸ™‚ You did it up for both of us. I was in the bed getting better this weekend šŸ˜¦ . You finally got the BODY BUTTA! Yesss! :-). I am glad you like it. Unfortunately they don’t sell the fragrance I like at TJ Maxx/Marshalls however I got a few for baby shower gifts this fall and people loved it! They do keep a body moisturized mmmm. Riley is adorable! šŸ™‚

• Sham January 17, 2012 at 6:22 pm #

Hey lady! Are you feeling better?

4. danielle January 12, 2012 at 7:52 am #

Glad you are enjoying the body butter. I am definitely going to hit up the local TJ Maxx/Marshalls and see what they have!!

I spent Saturday watching my niece play basketball, and Sunday relaxing!!

• Sham January 17, 2012 at 6:23 pm #

sounds like a relaxing weekend!

5. g2-851cf322f64124f4962da9b93bc6bfd January 12, 2012 at 11:52 am #

i have been on an eyeshadow kick myself, and i bought that w/w I Dream of Greenie and it is super pretty! and i love love love that Hello Kitty cake.

i plan on growing up sometime Never!

• Sham January 17, 2012 at 6:26 pm #

I know just what you mean. I secretly wanted to wear a birthday party hat, LOL! And the cake? It was a cupcake cake from Wal-mart. The icing was 50/50 buttercream & whipped cream… Can you say HEAVEN? It was the perfect combination of fluffy & sweet.

6. Sham January 17, 2012 at 6:41 pm #