An attitude of gratitude

22 Nov

It has been said that gratitude is the key to happiness. Have you ever noticed that people seem extra cheerful during the fourth week of November? Why is that? I think it’s because we take time out during this week to give thanks for what we have instead of complaining about what we don’t have, or worrying about what we want. We should strive to maintain this perspective throughout the year, but since we often forget, the Thanksgiving holiday is a friendly reminder. šŸ˜‰

Having said that, I am thankful for…

• My health & the faculties of my body & mind
  • The sacrifices of others, from Jesus Christ all the way to Civil Rights activists & even my grandparents. TheĀ “easy streets” we walk on today were pavedĀ by the labor & tears of our predecessors. For that I am grateful.
  • My mama. The woman is phenomenal… PERIOD! She always gave us her first (& sometimes her last), answers her phone at all times of the day & night & is there in whatever capacity we need her toĀ be (grown-up or not)!
  • MyĀ oldestĀ friend & brother, Charles. He is my rock; strong & steadfast despiteĀ whatever’s happening in the world around him. I am so proud of the man that he has become & so grateful that God chose me to be his big sister.
  • My biological family, church family & the friends who are like family to me. I sincerely appreciate their love & support!
  • A job that enables me to help others, as well as keep a roof over my head, food in my belly, makeup on my face & products in my hair, LOL!
  • S.I.A.G. – Believe it or not, this blog has been extremely therapeutic to me & I’ve met a lot of cool people in the process.
  • ALL of YOU! Thank you guys for reading, subscribing, watching my videos & listening to me ramble… you’re the BEST!!!

____________________________

YOUR TURN! What are you thankful for?

6 Responses to “An attitude of gratitude”

1. fabo November 22, 2011 at 2:37 pm #

Hi Sham….I am thankful to be alive today, for my health,knowledge & wisdom…God has spared my life so many times on tha highway thus far this year even though sometimes I take life for grated…I’m not a perfect person even though I have majority of the things I want in life but I will to work harder for those in need in my profession,fam,friends,etc…..Luv Ya Sham & Every1, even those I will come in contact with….For those reading…if any1 need a shoulder….I Am Here For You!

• Sham November 22, 2011 at 5:36 pm #

Love u back Crys!

2. amanda November 22, 2011 at 3:04 pm #

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! I am thankful for a healthy baby boy that is due in April! I am thankful for my parents and a sister who is my best friend! Im thankful for friends at work (which includes you) and I am thankful that God has blessed me to see another Thanksgiving!!!

• Sham November 22, 2011 at 5:37 pm #

Thanks for sharing šŸ™‚ I am thankful for Boo Jr & his awesome mama!

3. Veronica G. November 22, 2011 at 7:22 pm #

I am thankful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, my hubby, my kiddos and the rest of my fam. I am also very thankful for your blog, pics and tutorials…thanks for sharing your awesomness with me! Keep up the good work!

SN: Have you seen or purchased the new WnW holiday matte palette? I am on the hunt for one. From what I understand they are only sold at Walgreens and in limited supply.

• Sham November 22, 2011 at 8:34 pm #

I heart you, ma’am… Pren & the boys too!!!

YES CHILE! As soon as I can get to a Walgreens I intend to scoop one up. I’m still kicking myself in the head for not getting Night Elf & Sugar Plum Fairy from last year’s holiday collection.