Tutorial: Hit em wit da FLEXi-rods!

18 Jul

10 Responses to “Tutorial: Hit em wit da FLEXi-rods!”

1. milan September 29, 2011 at 8:00 pm #

man, your curls look amazing!! love it! 🙂

• Sham October 2, 2011 at 6:00 am #

Thanks Milan!

2. Tiff November 16, 2011 at 2:50 pm #

It looks really great but one question, what happens when its time to sleep? what do you do to keep them looking fresh the next day? The last time I got a flexi-set and I went to bed they were flat looking and not cute.

• Sham November 16, 2011 at 4:37 pm #

That’s problem with any curly set, it will either flatten, uncurl or become fuzzy over time. Did you pineapple your hair @ night? That usually works for me. https://shamiamglam.com/2011/07/19/flexi-rod-reflections/

• Tiff November 18, 2011 at 6:57 am #

I have tried but my hair is not that long to pineapple (well in my opinion, lol) When straight, my hair barely reaches my color bone. (well the back does). So I have only tried flexi-rods once and went back to my twist outs.

• Sham November 18, 2011 at 8:13 am #

So I gave the flexi-rods another try & dry setting was MUCH easier than wet setting. This of course doesn’t solve the nighttime maintenance mystery… but I don’t feel bad if a 20 minute hairstyle only lasts me a day or two.

• Sham November 18, 2011 at 8:17 am #

Have you ever tried multi-pineappling? LOL… It looks crazy, but I did this on a coil out this summer (using KCKT) & it resulted in 6th day hair!

• Tiff November 18, 2011 at 1:05 pm #

Thanks. I never thought I could do that! I am def going to try that tonight. Thanks again and have a great weekend!

Love your cite BTW!

1. TAKE 2: Dry Flexi-rod set « Sham I am Glam - November 18, 2011

[…] was discouraged when my first flexi-rod set lasted ONE DAY. But I vowed to try it again once the weather was cooler. *Slick Rick voice* Heeeere […]

2. Dry Felxi-Rod Set and Maintenance | Curly Nikki | Natural Hair Styles and Natural Hair Care - December 6, 2014