FOTD: Captivated by coquelicot

19 May

Champ de coquelicots

Captivated by WHAT?! I know, I know… lemmie explain. I’m a makeup junkie on the outside & a word nerd on the inside. I have a healthy vocabulary & don’t often learn new words, so it’s SUPER EXCITING to me when I do. In case you hadn’t figured it out, my word of the day is coquelicot!!! *Claps hands & does dance* Coquelicot (pronounced kah-klee-ko) is an orangey shade of red that is named after the french word for “poppy”… awesome, huh? I knew you’d like it :)

PRIMER: Coastal Scents Shadow Worx Matte e/s primer

BASE: Bronze-colored cream shadow from the Claire’s 24 palette

SHADOW: On my tear ducts I used a matte golden orange from the Shany Cosmetics 120 e/s palette. I blended that into an orangey-red (Shany 120) on the center of my lower lid, then I used matte dark brown (WNW Vanity) to deepen my crease & outer v. I also used matte off white (WNW Vanity) to highlight my brow bone.

OTHER DETAILS… I used CoverGirl single e/s in Smolder to define my eyebrows. L’Oreal Collagen Mascara in Blackest Black on my eyelashes. I defined my upper lash line with WetnWild Cream eyeliner in Black. For my waterline, I drew a thin line using a turquoise eyeliner pencil (WNW), then I topped it with aqua eyeshadow (Shany 120). Didja notice that I curled my lashes today? :)

LIPS: Carmex & L’Oreal HIP lip gloss in Inviting

CHEEKS: Ulta single e/s in Sparks

FACE: Estee Lauder pressed powder in Deep (05)

About these ads

6 Responses to “FOTD: Captivated by coquelicot”

1. Constance May 19, 2011 at 8:00 am #

This is gorgeous!! You are giving me too much inspiration. It’s amazing the color choices you bring together. Keep it coming!

2. Sham May 19, 2011 at 10:02 am #

Thanks ma’am! Will do :)

3. N. Irby May 19, 2011 at 7:13 pm #

Hmm….. I’m gonna need a tutorial if you will be in Atlanta next week :-)

• Sham May 19, 2011 at 11:53 pm #

Awww Tasha… I’m DEFINITELY gonna miss the family shenanigans next weekend :(

4. Kristin Stewart May 19, 2011 at 7:13 pm #

Love it, your eyes always look great. I am looking for some instructions on the doing the outer v? I think it would be great if you had a how to section, just a thought, thanks!

• Sham May 19, 2011 at 9:39 pm #

Thanks for the suggestion… I’ll be posting a video either tomorrow or Saturday :)